Monday, December 7, 2009

Pattern of the week 12.7.2009

This week's pattern is a pattern I borrowed from a friend a while ago… more like last year. Eeep..

See and Sew 4902



I started this way back in July, knowing that it would take me six months to complete. I'm a five-minutes-at- a-time-project-er. I've actually completed this and am very pleased and impressed with the ease and quality of how it turned out. I used a purple corduroy that my sister sent me as a birthday present for the shell and a snake skin print gray sheer I bought in high school for the lining . The only thing I had to buy were the buttons which I think are absolutely the best buttons in the world (for this coat). I am very proud and as the pattern packaged claimed, "Yes! It's Easy!" I was surprised that indeed it was. I had been intimidated by the tailoring books and all the involved stuff, but none of that was really necessary. I love it! I will post pictures of the completed project once I get them. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment