Monday, June 21, 2010

New Specs


Spectacles, that is… I got my federal tax return the other day (more like a month ago) and since new glasses are on my wish list and the desperately need list… I decided I would do some shopping around. I went to a number of different shops about town and found the same old same old. Nothing I was really thrilled with and hadn't already tried on a million times. All frames these days look the same to me… all just versions of this.

I also noticed that women's styles felt to light and breakable. I put my glasses through a lot people. I need something that is going to weather the storm, not some frilly little girl glasses. I need something hefty. So I started looking in the men's sections. And it was there my friends that I found some, well… ok, glasses. Again, just nothing thrilling. So like any shop-a-holic that doesn't like to leave the comfort of her own home, I turned to the internet. New glasses were a really hard decision for me because I keep glasses for ridiculously long periods of time. (I mean, I haven’t had a new pair since high school. Ridiculous.)

So here are some options on what I've been dreaming of in my little world that is somewhat cut off from the real world and totally out of touch with popular fashion I'm sure. (which is why I couldn't find anything I like in the store) I wanted something kind of too big for my face in a nicely proportionate way. Or something really vintage and very lady like. A la, these...










Either way I wanted something that is rather old fashioned looking even if it is a modern pair. But then I got all hung up and worried that I'm not going to like them in a month and I'll have to go buy new ones, that I can't afford… I was really over obsessing about this. I think I am an over obsesser in general anyway, but after months of looking I found what I wanted and ordered it! (For forty dollars no less!) So here they are folks! My new specs!




I tried a number of different ways to get a picture without glare, but the one I took accidentally after being frustrated with it all ended up being the best. Go figure!I think since they were so cheap I'll order myself another pair! Let the obsessing begin again!

No comments:

Post a Comment