Friday, October 23, 2009

Pattern of the Week 10.26.2009

Sorry, I know I said tomorrow, but I've been in and out of cold medicine induced comas for a week, so this one is early for next week.

This weeks' pattern is one I acquired from my mother's collection: McCall's 5135.



I have no idea how I ended up with this pattern, but I still remember my mother in a floor length pink version of this dress as a house coat. I don't clearly remember if it was even this pattern specifically, but in my time clouded childhood memory, I remember this was her house coat.

I love how this pattern is from a "Pounds Thinner" collection and is only a size 12. I am definitely my mothers' daughter, we are the same size, we have the exact same body type. I can only hope I look as good as she does in thirty years.

I don't know if I'll attempt this one. I feel like it may ruin my memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment