Saturday, October 10, 2009

Style Inspiration 10-10-09

Saturdays are going to be my "style inspiration" days. Today’s outfit is inspired by Mary-Kate Olsen.

Click to enlarge any pics

I know I am missing the awesome scarf and Ozzy sunglasses and my hand bag cost me two dollars instead of two thousand... but I got some looks in the grocery store today, lol! :)


Sweater, shirt, watch and ring: Target (various sale merch. Remember; never buy anything full price)
Pants: left behind by my old room mate. Altered by me :)
Boots: Nadora
Purse: Thrifted
Rosary: my creation

Now I know that Mary-Kate is one of those love-her or hate-her type style icons, but I am in the love-her category. I will admit that she does have her “I’m a crazy bag lady!” moments:


But in general I think she is genius.









I love how goth and imp-like she is. I only aspire to be so tiny. Alas, I won’t be shrinking unless I get osteoporosis sometime in the near future. As for her fondness for layers, I share in her affinity, especially since it has gotten so chilly in the evenings and early mornings here. In NM layering is essential because by mid-afternoon you’ll be shucking yourself like an oyster.

And I simply love the Olsens' line Elizabeth and James. (Named for their siblings, how sweet is that?)
I love the shoes and the cocoon shrug. I'm also a sucker for most of their baggy shirts and structured blazers. Too bad I am the Broke Girl... But hey, I can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment