Thursday, February 4, 2010

2.4.10 outfit

I know its been a really long time since I have posted an outfit, but this is the finished product of what I gave you a sneak peak at in my zipper tutorial! Today we had a two hour snow delay and my morning was actually productive which is why I now have outfit shots! Happy day!




The dress was inspired by Elizabeth's dress over at Delightfully Tacky. I wanted this dress so badly, but I had no idea where or when she got it, so there was really no way for me to buy it, so I set out to make my own!





At first I looked for a pattern for the same type of dress at Joanne and online.



Then when I had spent hours and not found what I was looking for, I looked through the dress patterns I already had (duh)...




{I love the light in my kitchen…}

There was one dress that is a Project Runway inspired pattern that had many different options that I could use and I liked the top and the sleeves...






But it didn't have the right skirt… I wanted a full circle shirt and it had only slim and pleated so I looked through and found a pattern with a circle skirt.




I took the two patterns and put them together and this is what I got!



{coffee anyone?}

p.s. the boots that I have not been able to separate from my feet for the past few months were a very wonderful present from my sister for Christmas. She gave me a gift card for Shoes on a Shoe String and they were the last pair and they were my exact size! It was destiny for ten bucks.

p.p.s. Broke Girl's cost break down of the dress
Fabric: 0$ (free from a friend)
Zipper: 0.10$ (thrift store)
Patterns: 2.83$ (when cost is divided by uses)

Total: 2.93$ Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment