Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Rant....

I have to start the week off with a rant about a certain frustration I found this weekend.

Now you all know my love for Mary Kate and Ashley and their high end line Elizabeth and James. This weekend I came across a video of their appearance on Good Morning America promoting their new line called Olsenboye that is available at JCPenney's. I know... I know... what a name, right? And then... they brought out the models.... it was awful. AWFUL I tell you! I know it is a juniors line, but cripes! it was like a bad day at the lake from when I was fifteen. And what is with the 'boyfriend' clothes? Gertie brought my attention to another article concerning that, but I digress.

Now in the video I watched there was only four outfits and I did find the little blazer to be nice if only in shape. The color really leaves something to be desired and the little crest is a cheap little pin that looked like it was about to fall off...




So I went to do a little research of my own. I drug my hubby to the local mall too see if the line was already available and I had just been living under a rock (which I had..). Low and behold there it was... in all of its teen-agey glory. It was so awful I wanted to cry... bright pink bubble dresses, ripped 'boyfriend' jeans and shorts, faded jean jackets, cropped graphic tees...



All of this from girls, nay, women with more creativity and taste (let us not forget connections also) than I could hope to have in a life time.

Now I know I'm trashing on this line, when honestly this is quite fashionable and accessible to young teen girls. I will say that the shoes were something I would consider wearing...




but they were made by Steve Madden... (cheaters) Now, I just wish they would make an affordable line more accessible to the twenty something women who need to look fashionable at the work place and don't have the nine hundred dollars to be spending on a fitted blazer or three hundred dollars for a cardigan. Give me Elizabeth and James for a fraction of the cost, I guess is what I'm asking. I will even sail the sea of sale racks at my local JCP to do it...



oh MKA... Why have you forsaken me!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment