Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Recycled Jewelry

Hello there! Today I'm sharing some pictures of jewelry I refashioned. I had a lot of things laying around that I like individually, but never have the chance to wear because I'm so devoted to my regular bits of jewelry. You know, wedding rings, sterling rings, same earrings... I was in a rut! So here are my odes to the oh-so-chic necklaces I've been seeing in my magazines. Here are some inspiration pieces.

Betsey Johnson
Betsey Johnson
Baby Phat
and I don't really remember...

All courtesy of Nordstrom.com

Here are my pieces, as modeled by my dress form. Click to enlarge any of the pictures!

I love long layered chains. They are so en vogue now. This one is my favorite so far. I love eclectic finds with strange details that makes you look twice. I love little trinkets that can spice up a plain top. Heavy metal, balanced with a soft satin bow of equal visual weight.
All of these pieces were so not labor intensive. I used the clasps and loops that were already there, which means when I'm tired of that piece I can easily break it back down into its original parts and start over! This is the ultimate in rearranging! Hope you enjoyed!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment