Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good Bye and Good Riddance 2009!

I've taken quit the sabbatical this holiday season and it feels good to be sitting back at my own little kitchen table with my new tea pot (thanks Gram!) writing away and looking back over the last year. Some really great things happened. The invention of the cat mustache being one of those really great things, but I digress...

This blog was started out of a new year's resolution and while I haven't been the most faithful poster, I am so pleased with what has come of the year. Yeah, I'm still broke, but I've kind of made peace with that and it hurts less. I've got a family and friends who love me, so what more could a girl ask for? And that leads me into... Christmas!

I had two weeks of Christmas with my darling hubby's family and then again with mine. This year I think I gave a total of about ten gifts, (mostly hand made or free, more on that later) most of them went to my sister's adorable kids, but what I enjoyed most was spending time with the people I feel closest to, but rarely see.

But, honestly! What holiday could be better for a broke girl? Lol! I don't mean to sound materialistic, but I got some really great gifts. And it's not because they were flashy and expensive, its because they meant a lot to me and the people who gave them. I can't wait to share all my holiday goodies with you (I haven't just been lazing around! I actually took some photos and stuff!) and you will see what I mean when I say I'm easy to please. So stay tuned faithful bat-readers! There will be more bat-posts at this same bat-place at… well… um… varying... bat-times!

Happy 2010! May a new decade hold great riches for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment